Last updated: June 17, 2020
1. What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in a computer’s browser directory. They help site providers with things like understanding how people use a site, remembering a User’s login details, and storing site preferences.
- ensure that our Services function properly,
- detect and prevent fraud,
- understand how visitors use and engage with our Site, and
- analyze and improve Services.
3. Who sets cookies when I use ICEN Nigeria’s Site?
There are two main types of cookies that can be set:
- First party cookies: these cookies are placed and read by ICEN Nigeria directly when you use our Services,
- Third party cookies: these cookies are not set by ICEN Nigeria, but by other companies, like Google, for site analytics purposes. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
Some cookies are essential to the operation of our Site and Services and make it usable and secure by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Site. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Authentication. To remember your login state so you don’t have to log in as you navigate through our Site and dashboard.
- Security. To protect user data from unauthorized access.
5. Can I opt-out?
Yes, with the exception of those cookies that are necessary to provide you with our Services. Your web browser may allow you to manage your cookie preferences, including to delete and disable ICEN Nigeria cookies. You can take a look at the help section of your web browser or follow the links below to understand your options. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site or Services may not operate as intended.