Privacy & terms
Welcome to ICEN Nigeria!
ICEN Nigeria and its affiliates (collectively “ICEN Nigeria”, “we” and “us”) respect your privacy. We offer services that enable platforms and merchants to run businesses, and to safely conduct online payment transactions.
ICEN Nigeria obtains Personal Data about you from various sources to provide our Services and to manage our Sites. “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, a user of one or more of our Services (“User” or “ICEN Nigeria User”), or a customer of a User (“Customer”). If you are a Customer, ICEN Nigeria will generally not collect your Personal Data directly from you. Your agreement with the relevant ICEN Nigeria User should explain how the ICEN Nigeria User shares your Personal Data with ICEN Nigeria, and if you have questions about this sharing, then you should direct those questions to the ICEN Nigeria User.
2. Personal Data We Collect
a. Personal Data that we collect about you.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites and Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. In particular:
- When you register for a ICEN Nigeria account we collect your full name, email address, and account log-in credentials.
- When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we collect your full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs and timeline.
- When you use the “Remember Me” feature of ICEN Nigeria Checkout, we collect your email address, payment card number, CVC code and expiration date.
When you respond to ICEN Nigeria emails or surveys we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call ICEN Nigeria. If you contact us by phone as a ICEN Nigeria User, we may collect additional information in order to verify your identity.
- If you are a ICEN Nigeria User, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number).
- If you are a Customer of a ICEN Nigeria User, when you make payments or conduct transactions through a ICEN Nigeria User’s website or application or device we provide, we will receive your transaction information. Depending on how the ICEN Nigeria User implements our Services, we may receive this information directly from you, or from the ICEN Nigeria User or third parties. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. The ICEN Nigeria User will determine the payment methods that it enables you to use, and the payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method that you choose to use from the list of available payment methods that are offered to you by the ICEN Nigeria User. When you make a transaction, we may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases your transaction history to authenticate you.
When we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, detection, and financial compliance activities or provide such services to our Users, we will receive Personal Data from you (and your device) and about you through our Service and from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources (e.g., name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention services may collect Personal Data about you and use technology to help us assess the risk associated with an attempted transaction by you with a ICEN Nigeria User.
3. How We Use Personal Data
a. Our products and services.
We rely upon a number of legal grounds to ensure that our use of your Personal Data is compliant with applicable law. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also use Personal Data to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services to our Users.
b. Marketing and events-related communications.
We may send you email marketing communications about ICEN Nigeria products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. For example, when we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
4. How We Disclose Personal Data.
ICEN Nigeria does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
a. ICEN Nigeria. We share Personal Data with other ICEN Nigeria entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
b. Service providers. We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf.
c. Business partners. We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services, and the professional services firms that we partner with to deliver ICEN Nigeria.
5. Your Rights and Choices.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
a. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
b. How you can see or change your account Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to your ICEN Nigeria account or by contacting us.
c. Your data protection rights. Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether ICEN Nigeria processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that ICEN Nigeria rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that ICEN Nigeria erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that ICEN Nigeria restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while ICEN Nigeria considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that ICEN Nigeria make an update to your Personal Data); and
- The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
6. Security and Retention.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you. We retain Personal Data after we cease providing Services directly or indirectly to you, even if you close your ICEN Nigeria account or complete a transaction with a ICEN Nigeria User, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
8. Links To Other Websites.
The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.